T-MAPs offer the opportunity to connect with yourself and others in tangible ways that contribute to personal and community healing.
T-MAPs can help us:
- Practice communicating needs and desires.
- Develop language for thinking and articulating personal experiences.
- Create an empowering narrative for our personal journey.
- Identify stressors and what it looks like when we struggle.
- Articulate wellness strategies that support us.
- Write down our resilience practices.
- Assemble a collection of community resources
- Connects us to movements for justice that are fighting for a better world.
Articulating these things gives us a resource we can share with the people in our lives to guide our conversations and help us support each other through rough times.
HOW TO MAKE A T-MAP
You can complete a personalized booklet (or “T-MAP”) by yourself or with a group. Your T-MAP becomes a guide for navigating challenging times, figuring out what you care about, and communicating with the important people in your life. We have developed different ways to create this document; these tools can help you generate your T-MAP through an online questionnaire or through a downloadable pdf workbook that you can print and fill out.